A few days ago, Mark Jackson from Immersion Digital kindly posted a comment on the blog regarding the Glo Bible’s achievements in 2010. Here follows what he wrote. Thanks very much Mark for letting us know, we’re happy to hear ID actually take an interest in RRY .
As we enter a new year, I just wanted to let you know about a few exciting things happening with Glo:
• Glo is being featured by Microsoft on Windows 7 Slate devices at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week. We have been chosen as one of a handful of apps (less than 20) that best showcase the new Slate technology in the Microsoft booth. official press release.
• Immersion Digital has been accepted into the elite Microsoft Bizspark One program (only 75 out of 30,000 bizspark companies, and out of countless more that have applied). Here’s the official press release.
• Glo for iPad “sneak peek” will be shown at the Lunch at Piero’s press event during CES in Las Vegas, and is on-track for a first-release February submission to apple.
• The Glo for Mac beta program is in full swing, still on-track for a Easter launch. Apply for the beta program here.
• We released Glo update v2.0 this fall with exciting new features like new translations (ESV and the Message), a simple presentation tool, web-streaming media, and alot more.
• And in case you missed it, Glo was named Bible of the Year by the ECPA, and Media of the Year by the Christian Resource Awards.
So there you have it…RRY will soon be kicking off it’s 2011 programme, we’ll update before the time to let you know!